Seattle by Night
Bloodline—a subsection of a Clan which is marked by slightly altered blood, and often unusual powers. Clan—five basic groupings of vampires, categorized by essential similarities in the blood. They are:
- Ventrue—“Lords.” Dark aristocrats, power-brokers extraordinaire.
- Daeva—“Succubi.” Beautiful and sensual, fascinated by life.
- Nosferatu—“Haunts.” Hideous, frightening creatures of the night.
- Gangrel—“Savages.” Creatures of the hunt, in tune with their Beast.
- Mekhet—“Shadows.” Vampires who revel in secrets, mystery, and darkness.
Covenant—social and political organization to which a number of vampires hold membership:
- Invictus—“First Estate.” Power-brokers, manipulators, self-styled “rulers” of the Kindred
- Lancea Sanctum—“Second Estate.” A warped version of the Catholic Church for the damned.
- Circle of the Crone—Acolytes.” Ancient society of undead pagan blood-witches.
- Carthians—new-wave vampire politicos.
- Ordo Dracul—“Dragons.” Pseudo-scientific faction founded by Dracula.
- Unaligned—“Unbound.” Vampires who don’t belong to a Covenant.
- Danse Macabre—Kindred society.
- Diablerie—drinking another vampire’s blood to the point where you suck up their soul.
- Disciplines—The main ones are Animalism, Auspex, Celerity, Dominate, Majesty, Nightmare, Obfuscate, Protean, Resilience, Vigor.
- Elysium —places in a city designated as neutral territory among vampires.
- Fog of Eternity—the memory lapse or muddling suffered by vampires in Torpor.
- Requiem—an individual’s existence. Humans go about their lives, vampires go about their Requiem.
- Vinculum—Blood bond